The Blossom
A little flower lay on the grass
fresh fallen from the rain swept tree
I picked it up and placed it on my palm
and felt sadness that sunny morn
It was very white, and quite dead
riven from its mother's embrace,
eyes shining with silent tears
of clear and still dew.
But even as I so dreamt,
the flower shivered with new life,
trembling in resonance
with the pulse of my living heart
And for that instant we were one,
two lost children drinking together
in peace and total content
from the fountain of life and joy.
A little flower lay on the grass
fresh fallen from the rain swept tree
I picked it up and placed it on my palm
and felt sadness that sunny morn
It was very white, and quite dead
riven from its mother's embrace,
eyes shining with silent tears
of clear and still dew.
But even as I so dreamt,
the flower shivered with new life,
trembling in resonance
with the pulse of my living heart
And for that instant we were one,
two lost children drinking together
in peace and total content
from the fountain of life and joy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home